Halliburton wants Supreme Court to block lawsuit
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Halliburton is asking the Supreme Court to block a local woman's lawsuit against the company.
Jamie Leigh Jones says she was raped in Baghdad while working for KBR, a former subsidiary of Halliburton. Her lawsuit is set to go to trial next year.
But Halliburton says Jones signed a contract that calls for claims against the company to be settled through arbitration. A lower court ruled Jones could go to trial. Halliburton is asking the Supreme Court to overturn that ruling.
halliburton, kbr, local
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 38 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in 17 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 25 min ago
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela 49 min ago
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela 49 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial 40 min ago
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages