Pastor accused of domestic assault upon his wife
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston pastor is charged in an alleged case of domestic violence involving his wife.Authorities say Pastor James Dixon, 47, of the Community of Faith Church in Houston, went to the home of his estranged wife Tanisha Dixon in Spring on Sunday. James was taking the couple's children back to their mother after a custody visit.
The situation reportedly escalated into a domestic dispute. Tanisha accused James of picking her up and throwing her to the ground. A neighbor reportedly witnessed the assault. According to court documents, Tanisha asked to press charges and requested a protective order.
James Dixon was charged with assault of a family member, a misdemeanor. He was released after posting $50,000 bond.
Dixon has been the pastor of the Community of Faith Church for 25 years.
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 7 min ago
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 32 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final