Inflatable gorilla causes fire at strip center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A fire on Houston's south side is being blamed on an unusual suspect. Firefighters say an inflatable gorilla is to blame.
The flames sparked around 2am off Cullen near the South Beltway. Firefighters found a small fire. After they put it out, they spotted the problem.
"Apparently there's some type of a blowup doll on the roof. It for some reason deflated and landed on some lights," said District Chief Fred Hooker with the Houston Fire Department.
Two stores suffered minor water damage.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 3 min ago
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus 55 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos