Inflatable gorilla causes fire at strip center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A fire on Houston's south side is being blamed on an unusual suspect. Firefighters say an inflatable gorilla is to blame.
The flames sparked around 2am off Cullen near the South Beltway. Firefighters found a small fire. After they put it out, they spotted the problem.
"Apparently there's some type of a blowup doll on the roof. It for some reason deflated and landed on some lights," said District Chief Fred Hooker with the Houston Fire Department.
Two stores suffered minor water damage.
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 55 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 20 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 43 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- David Tillman's weather forecast
15 min ago