Inflatable gorilla causes fire at strip center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A fire on Houston's south side is being blamed on an unusual suspect. Firefighters say an inflatable gorilla is to blame.
The flames sparked around 2am off Cullen near the South Beltway. Firefighters found a small fire. After they put it out, they spotted the problem.
"Apparently there's some type of a blowup doll on the roof. It for some reason deflated and landed on some lights," said District Chief Fred Hooker with the Houston Fire Department.
Two stores suffered minor water damage.
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 38 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner 14 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- David Tillman's weather forecast
22 min ago