HISD school to host fundraiser for quake victims
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Teachers and students at one HISD campus will move out of classrooms and onto a basketball court to help out the earthquake survivors in Haiti.
Fondren Middle School will host a basketball game fundraiser at 2:30pm. They plan to raise plenty of money as teachers and students go against each other on the court.
All of the proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak