Grease fire at McDonald's causes scare
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- Some McDonald's customers had their dinner interrupted after a fire broke out inside the fast food restaurant in Channelview last night.
The fire began around 9:30pm at the fast food restaurant on the East Freeway near Sheldon. Fire crews say it was a grease fire that began in the kitchen.
Fire crews were able to keep the flames from spreading to the rest of the building. We're told the restaurant will most likely be closed until the owner can get a full assessment of the damage.
- Severe weather possible this morning
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 11 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 1 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 59 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 55 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 1 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish