Firefighters free duck stuck in chimney
SANTA FE, TX -- The bad luck of a stuck duck changed when firefighters in Santa Fe rescued the bird wedged in a chimney.Fire Chief Tommy Anderson says the homeowner heard the bird and lit a fire, hoping the duck would get out on its own from the open-top chimney. Anderson says the plan backfired, when "it filled her house with smoke."
Firefighters who were summoned around 5 p.m. Wednesday determined the bird was too big to get free on its own.
Anderson says the fire was put out, the damper was opened and "a wing was hanging out." The chief says a firefighter reached into the lower part of the chimney, grabbed the duck and pulled the animal out.
Anderson says the duck was taken outside and it flew away. Santa Fe is about 30 miles southeast of Houston.
santa fe, local
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 9 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case