Suspect in double murder arrested
ROSENBERG, TX (KTRK) -- A prison guard accused of killing his wife and mother-in-law in Rosenberg last December has been arrested. He was captured earlier today in Concord, North Carolina, after being on the run for months.The pastor at the Church of Living Waters is the son and brother of the victims. He says he just had a feeling, an intuition that something was about to happen in this case. He was right.
Until his arrest today, it was as if Albert Turner had vanished from the face of the earth. He disappeared following the murder of his wife and mother-in-law in Rosenberg in December. His car was found near Atlanta, but there was no sign of him. That is until a viewer of 'Live with Regis and Kelly' called in a tip today after seeing an America's Most Wanted segment on the show.
The victim's family prayed this day would come. Turner was located by police in Concord, North Carolina, on a bench in a mall. He did not resist arrest.
Lt. Brian Leach with the Rosenberg Police Department said, "He's been homeless since this incident, living under a bridge from what we've been able to gather."
Mary Jo Frank and Keitha Frank Turner were stabbed to death. Keitha's four children, aged 12 to just 5, witnessed some or all of the murders. They are now staying with their uncle Darren Frank, who had the difficult task today of explaining to the children that their father had been caught. He says they have mixed emotions.
"This day is very important to let them know that they're safe," Darren said. "That's all we've been doing is telling them that were here to keep them safe."
Darren says for the first time since the murders he and his family can sleep without worry. They had feared Turner might come after the children. It will be a relief, he says, when this day is over.
Turner was unarmed when located. Police were surprised he didn't put up a fight. Rosenberg police say they expect Turner to be extradited back to Texas and Fort Bend County within 10 days.
local, kevin quinn
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 42 min ago
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
18 min ago