Residents sue Santa Fe ISD over barn construction
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- Santa Fe residents call a lawsuit their last resort to stop a school district from building something that could force them to move.Residents who live near Wollem Elementary filed a lawsuit hoping to stop Santa Fe ISD's construction of an agriculture barn on school grounds. The suit claims the barn violates land restrictions and would expose homeowners and students to dangerous chemicals and disease. "Noisy, stinky and, of course, the chemicals that they're gonna be spraying. That doesn't help either," said resident Lloyd Gillam, who is suing Sante Fe ISD. A statement from Sante Fe ISD reads, in part, "The plaintiffs' claim is without merit because the district is not subject to the deed restriction and because the agricultural events center will be used for educational, not commercial purposes."
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
santa fe, local
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting 15 min ago
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year 21 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today 35 min ago
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos