Rabid bat found in Baytown
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- There's a renewed warning to stay away from bats if you spot one in your neighborhood. A bat that was discovered in Baytown has tested positive for rabies.A family noticed their cat playing with something along ward near Danubina Street, which turned out to be a bat. They called animal control, who took the bat away and tested it for rabies. That test came back positive.
The cat had to be euthanized because it didn't have its rabies vaccine. Animal control officials say about one percent of bats carry rabies. Residents across our area may see more bats this time of year, due to migratory patterns.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak