Lamar CISD student's art fetches $200K at Rodeo
Monday, March 15, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A young artist's work fetched nearly $200,000 at the Rodeo.
'A Piece of Heaven,' created by Lamar CISD's Christy Beltz, was the grand champion at the School of Art auction. It sold for a record $190,000. That winning bid was $5,000 higher than the Rodeo's previous record.
The reserve champion this year was 'The Watering Hole,' which was designed by Jennifer Vitek of Katy ISD. Her piece sold for $120,000.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born 24 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
46 min ago