Lamar CISD student's art fetches $200K at Rodeo
Monday, March 15, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A young artist's work fetched nearly $200,000 at the Rodeo.
'A Piece of Heaven,' created by Lamar CISD's Christy Beltz, was the grand champion at the School of Art auction. It sold for a record $190,000. That winning bid was $5,000 higher than the Rodeo's previous record.
The reserve champion this year was 'The Watering Hole,' which was designed by Jennifer Vitek of Katy ISD. Her piece sold for $120,000.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 16 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today