Lamar CISD student's art fetches $200K at Rodeo
Monday, March 15, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A young artist's work fetched nearly $200,000 at the Rodeo.
'A Piece of Heaven,' created by Lamar CISD's Christy Beltz, was the grand champion at the School of Art auction. It sold for a record $190,000. That winning bid was $5,000 higher than the Rodeo's previous record.
The reserve champion this year was 'The Watering Hole,' which was designed by Jennifer Vitek of Katy ISD. Her piece sold for $120,000.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash 37 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 13 min ago
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 28 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course 20 min ago
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home