'Extreme Makeover' family's baby dies
KEMAH, TX (KTRK) -- Sad news for a family from Kemah who will be featured next month on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."The youngest member of the Beach family, one-year-old Mercy, died on Sunday just three days before her second birthday. She suffered from several genetic problems.
Melissa and Larry Beach had been caring for Mercy since she was four months old, and they were in the process of adopting her.
The Beaches have four biological children and eight adopted children, some with special needs. They had been living in a trailer since Hurricane Ike destroyed their home in 2008. The crew from "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" built the Beaches a new home in January. It will be revealed Sunday, April 4 here on ABC13. That show will also be dedicated to Mercy.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire