Couple found dead near truck
LA MARQUE, TX (KTRK) -- Police are sorting out the details of an accident that left a young couple dead in La Marque.The victims, a man and a woman in their 20s, were both found dead next to a pickup truck that left the roadway near Gulf Greyhound Park sometime overnight. La Marque police say the truck was traveling eastbound on FM 1762 just west of the Gulf Freeway when the truck left the road and went into a ditch. The truck tumbled and ended up sitting upright next to an abandoned dump truck in a field.
A passeby later noticed skid marks, saw the truck in the ditch and called police. The man and woman near the truck were both dead when police arrived. Investigators say there were beer cans and other items in the back of the truck and scattered around the accident scene, but there's no immediate indication that the driver had been drinking.
The victims' identities have not been released.
la marque, local
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while looking for car keys 17 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos