Couple found dead near truck
LA MARQUE, TX (KTRK) -- Police are sorting out the details of an accident that left a young couple dead in La Marque.The victims, a man and a woman in their 20s, were both found dead next to a pickup truck that left the roadway near Gulf Greyhound Park sometime overnight. La Marque police say the truck was traveling eastbound on FM 1762 just west of the Gulf Freeway when the truck left the road and went into a ditch. The truck tumbled and ended up sitting upright next to an abandoned dump truck in a field.
A passeby later noticed skid marks, saw the truck in the ditch and called police. The man and woman near the truck were both dead when police arrived. Investigators say there were beer cans and other items in the back of the truck and scattered around the accident scene, but there's no immediate indication that the driver had been drinking.
The victims' identities have not been released.
la marque, local
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes 2 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 42 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack