Texas City takes bids to repair dike
Friday, March 19, 2010
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Texas City is taking bids to repair its five-mile long dike, which was damaged during Hurricane Ike.It has been shut down since 2008. To help pay for the project, Texas City has applied for aid from the federal government.
The goal is to have the repairs completed by mid to late fall.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
texas city, hurricane ike, local
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 2 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects