Officials tour security measures at Port of Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lawmakers, law officers and ship channel industry officials today got a firsthand look at security measures at the Port of Houston.The group inspected a mobile command center at the Port of Houston Authority. The vehicle allows the port authority to monitor operations at the port during an emergency. Port authority police monitor several situations around the world to deal with potential threats to Houston.
Captain Marcus Woodring said, "We can target those against segments of industry or to a single port or to a region, depending on what kind of intelligence or what kind of things are happening worldwide."
We asked Captain Woodring about today's subway bombings in Russia and he said the port has not changed security due to those terror attacks.
port of houston, local
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries 49 min ago
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover 52 min ago
- Wrong way driver killed after slamming into students' SUV 3 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 21 min ago
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days