Officials tour security measures at Port of Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lawmakers, law officers and ship channel industry officials today got a firsthand look at security measures at the Port of Houston.The group inspected a mobile command center at the Port of Houston Authority. The vehicle allows the port authority to monitor operations at the port during an emergency. Port authority police monitor several situations around the world to deal with potential threats to Houston.
Captain Marcus Woodring said, "We can target those against segments of industry or to a single port or to a region, depending on what kind of intelligence or what kind of things are happening worldwide."
We asked Captain Woodring about today's subway bombings in Russia and he said the port has not changed security due to those terror attacks.
port of houston, local
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5 30 min ago
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017 24 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles 17 min ago
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using? 24 min ago
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned 12 min ago
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos