Floating body found in Houston Ship Channel
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating a man's body found in the Houston Ship Channel.We're told a private company first made the discovery overnight in the area of the channel located near Clinton near Fidelity. That company then called in the Coast Guard and homicide detectives.
Investigators said there are no immediate signs of foul play. The body may have been in the water for quite some time.
"When a body has been in the water for a certain period of time, sometimes that can change the effect in the appearance of the skin," said Jonathan French with the Houston Police Department. "Probably more than a week, based on just what we see at this time."
Investigators say the body does not appear to be that of a Ship Channel employee. We'll bring you more on this developing story on Eyewitness News and here on abc13.com.
houston ship channel, local
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Jaguars 24, Texans 17 (4) 7 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Strong winter storm threatens to paralyze N. Texas 27 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs?
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight 7 min ago
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Maybe he should have hidden pot elsewhere