County approves Dynamo stadium deal
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County commissioners voted unanimously to begin construction of the new Dynamo stadium east of downtown.The vote comes after months of discussions concerning the location of the new stadium and ticket prices. Just last week, the city council passed the $95 million deal. The deal would have the Dynamo build the stadium for $60 million, with the city and the county each contributing $10 million for infrastructure such as lighting and sewer lines.
Under the proposal, the Harris County Houston Sports Authority would manage construction of the stadium. It would be located on city-owned land east of downtown.
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 41 min ago
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium fraud case 51 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County 55 min ago
- NFL to vote on Super Bowl hosts 40 min ago
- Child abducted walking home from school in Pasadena
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 7 min ago
- Hot and humid with chances of rain today
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos