County approves Dynamo stadium deal
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County commissioners voted unanimously to begin construction of the new Dynamo stadium east of downtown.The vote comes after months of discussions concerning the location of the new stadium and ticket prices. Just last week, the city council passed the $95 million deal. The deal would have the Dynamo build the stadium for $60 million, with the city and the county each contributing $10 million for infrastructure such as lighting and sewer lines.
Under the proposal, the Harris County Houston Sports Authority would manage construction of the stadium. It would be located on city-owned land east of downtown.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today 22 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Consumer Reports Naught and Nice list
48 min ago