Sketches of men wanted in home invasions released
SEABROOK, TX (KTRK) -- Police want you to see sketches of men they say are behind home invasions in two local communities.The home invasions both happened on Friday, one early in the morning in League City and the other in Seabrook. The sketches, above, were released Wednesday afternoon, in hopes of catching the two men.
One of the home invasions happened just a few doors down from Rob Heverly of Seabrook. He's now iinstalling cameras and upgrading his alarm system.
"I understand they were tied up by gunpoint and they took all their stuff," Heverly said. "I think everybody is scared of some thug breaking into their house and tying them up."
David Faust says his home security company, Alarm Depot, has received dozens of calls since the home invasions.
"I received three this morning," he said. "They just want to make sure everything is working right, maybe do updates."
On Friday at 4am, investigators say four men with nylons pulled over their faces kicked in the door of a home, tying up and robbing the family at gunpoint. Police say the men stole jewelry and $2,000 in cash, which they knew they would find here.
Lt. Sean Wright with Seabrook police said, "They may have known what they were looking for and the victims they were looking for."
The victimized family owns a gas station in Pasadena, and police believe they were watched and followed because of their business.
"It wasn't just they just picked that house out," Lt. Wright said.
Investigators say it appears three members of the same group also struck a home in League City, where the owner may have been targeted because he manages a liquor store.
Regardless of what attracted them, Rob Heverly is making sure if any bad guys come to his door, they are going to be caught.
He said, "I guess you can break in any place but trying to make it difficult to break in here."
Investigators are working together to try to catch the criminals in both cases. Anyone with information about the cases is urged to call police.
league city, seabrook, local, katie mccall
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 2 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her 38 min ago
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack 54 min ago
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- Malaysian couple to hang for murder of maid 50 min ago
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube 48 min ago
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos