Woman killed in single-vehicle wreck in Santa Fe
SANTA FE (KTRK) -- Police are investigating after a woman was killed in a single-vehicle accident in Santa Fe Saturday morning.It was around 7:40am when someone called police to report a reckless driver heading south of FM 646 in a Ford Bronco. As dispatch was getting the information to officers, the caller notified them that the vehicle crashed into a utility pole.
When officers arrived, they found a 48-year-old female dead inside the Bronco. Her identity isn't being released at this time.
The investigation into the wreck had FM 646 between 4½ Street North and 2nd Street shut down for around four hours.
A preliminary investigation, say police, indicate that speed was a factor in the crash. They say they're waiting for toxicology results to determine of the driver was impaired.
santa fe, local
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge 12 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston 55 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer