Woman killed in single-vehicle wreck in Santa Fe
SANTA FE (KTRK) -- Police are investigating after a woman was killed in a single-vehicle accident in Santa Fe Saturday morning.It was around 7:40am when someone called police to report a reckless driver heading south of FM 646 in a Ford Bronco. As dispatch was getting the information to officers, the caller notified them that the vehicle crashed into a utility pole.
When officers arrived, they found a 48-year-old female dead inside the Bronco. Her identity isn't being released at this time.
The investigation into the wreck had FM 646 between 4½ Street North and 2nd Street shut down for around four hours.
A preliminary investigation, say police, indicate that speed was a factor in the crash. They say they're waiting for toxicology results to determine of the driver was impaired.
santa fe, local
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 41 min ago
- HISD to decide fate of 2 schools at risk of closure
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live chat about blood donations
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 2 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers 36 min ago
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home