Woman killed in single-vehicle wreck in Santa Fe
SANTA FE (KTRK) -- Police are investigating after a woman was killed in a single-vehicle accident in Santa Fe Saturday morning.It was around 7:40am when someone called police to report a reckless driver heading south of FM 646 in a Ford Bronco. As dispatch was getting the information to officers, the caller notified them that the vehicle crashed into a utility pole.
When officers arrived, they found a 48-year-old female dead inside the Bronco. Her identity isn't being released at this time.
The investigation into the wreck had FM 646 between 4½ Street North and 2nd Street shut down for around four hours.
A preliminary investigation, say police, indicate that speed was a factor in the crash. They say they're waiting for toxicology results to determine of the driver was impaired.
santa fe, local
- weather: Rain showers popping up across SE Texas
- Overturned tanker truck causing traffic nightmare 16 min ago
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Police: Suspected drunk driver slams into ambulance
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Gay pride parade's new condom policy draws criticism 10 min ago
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots burglar 46 min ago
- Boy, 13, charged in 'wrestling' death of girl, 5
- 2nd arson suspect arrested after clothing store fire
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps
- otrc: Bieber investigated in Hollywood hit-and-run
- abcnews: Brain-eating amoeba warning in Florida
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
- Time to shop for new school year is now
7 min ago