Pro baseball in Sugar Land closer to reality
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Professional baseball is apparently a step closer to becoming reality in Sugar Land.According to city sources, Sugar Land has reached an understanding with the architectural firm Opening Day Partners to build a stadium there.
City council must still vote, so it's not quite a done deal. That vote will be this Tuesday at Sugar Land City Hall.
The proposed stadium should seat about 7,500 and is to be part of a larger cultural and entertainment complex the city is working to build nearby.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the very latest on this story.
sugar land, local, kevin quinn
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos