Pro baseball in Sugar Land closer to reality
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Professional baseball is apparently a step closer to becoming reality in Sugar Land.According to city sources, Sugar Land has reached an understanding with the architectural firm Opening Day Partners to build a stadium there.
City council must still vote, so it's not quite a done deal. That vote will be this Tuesday at Sugar Land City Hall.
The proposed stadium should seat about 7,500 and is to be part of a larger cultural and entertainment complex the city is working to build nearby.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the very latest on this story.
sugar land, local, kevin quinn
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games 19 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards