Katy science students square off at US competition
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- Some local students are competing against some of the brightest young minds in the United States.Fifteen students from Beckendorf Junior High in Katy are heading off to Illinois for the National Science Olympiad competition on Saturday. They will compete against 60 teams from around the country in a variety of science tests in lab settings, engineering events, even a crime-solving scenario in which they use their skills to solve a crime.
It's the first time a Houston area team has ever gone to the national competition.
We'll have more on this team of talented students in a live report on Eyewitness News at 4pm.
katy, local, katie mccall
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 54 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor