Katy science students square off at US competition
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- Some local students are competing against some of the brightest young minds in the United States.Fifteen students from Beckendorf Junior High in Katy are heading off to Illinois for the National Science Olympiad competition on Saturday. They will compete against 60 teams from around the country in a variety of science tests in lab settings, engineering events, even a crime-solving scenario in which they use their skills to solve a crime.
It's the first time a Houston area team has ever gone to the national competition.
We'll have more on this team of talented students in a live report on Eyewitness News at 4pm.
katy, local, katie mccall
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Strong storms roll over SE Texas
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos