Missing child, grandfather found safe in Alvin
DICKINSON, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities say 3-year-old Taelah Smith and her grandfather, Wilbert Burton, have been located safe and sound in Alvin.The grandfather, 47-year-old Wilbert Burton said he was taking her to a friend's house in La Marque on Saturday but they never showed up.
Taelah Smith and Wilbert Burton have been located by the Alvin Police Department. Both appear to be well and healthy.
Smith and Burton were located at approximately 10:15am Monday in the 1400 block of Victory Lane in Alvin. The Alvin police department was contacted by a citizen who recognized the subjects from the Amber Alert issued yesterday evening.
Alvin PD and Dickinson Police Department detectives are with Smith and Burton at this time. Smith's family members have been contacted and are en route to pick her up from officers at this time.
Burton is a registered sex offender, but Dickinson police say he is not a child predator and his 1989 case involves a then 19-year-old.
No charges are being filed at this time and the investigation will continue.
amber alert, local
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase 33 min ago
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St.... 50 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products 55 min ago
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Costco fruit snacks recalled 10 min ago
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls
- Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
50 min ago