Missing child, grandfather found safe in Alvin
DICKINSON, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities say 3-year-old Taelah Smith and her grandfather, Wilbert Burton, have been located safe and sound in Alvin.The grandfather, 47-year-old Wilbert Burton said he was taking her to a friend's house in La Marque on Saturday but they never showed up.
Taelah Smith and Wilbert Burton have been located by the Alvin Police Department. Both appear to be well and healthy.
Smith and Burton were located at approximately 10:15am Monday in the 1400 block of Victory Lane in Alvin. The Alvin police department was contacted by a citizen who recognized the subjects from the Amber Alert issued yesterday evening.
Alvin PD and Dickinson Police Department detectives are with Smith and Burton at this time. Smith's family members have been contacted and are en route to pick her up from officers at this time.
Burton is a registered sex offender, but Dickinson police say he is not a child predator and his 1989 case involves a then 19-year-old.
No charges are being filed at this time and the investigation will continue.
amber alert, local
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co. 32 min ago
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings 34 min ago
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos