Arsonist may be targeting homes in Kingwood
KINGWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- An arsonist may have struck again in Kingwood overnight. In the past two months, there's been a rash of suspicious fires targeting homes under construction.The latest happened around 10pm Wednesday at a home on Majestic Hill and Royal Ridge Trail. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found heavy fire at the nearly finished home. The fire didn't destroy the entire house.
The Houston Fire Department tells Eyewitness News this is the fourth house under construction that has caught fire in the last 60 days.
"We have called an arson investigator to do an investigation," said Doug Sherber with the Houston Fire Department. "This is my second one on my particular shift within about a month."
There were no injuries.
kingwood, local, elissa rivas
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier 3 min ago
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Niko Niko's World Gyro Eating Championship held today
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Expect hot, humid conditions next couple of days
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos