Driver crashes into bayou off Highway 288
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was injured after crashing into a bayou off Highway 288.The accident happened after 11:30am on the South Freeway at Orem. Authorities shut down all southbound lanes for a while, causing delays in the area.
The 55-year-old driver had to be extricated from the vehicle. The driver was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital. The victim's condition is unknown.
The driver told authorities he was looking at a map when he veered too far to the right and drove off the freeway. He said his car was going so fast that he went airborne down the embankment and cleared the water in Sims Bayou, landing in the mud on the south side of the bayou.
The car sustained heavy damage to its front.
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 9 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party 19 min ago
- Exxon Mobil building evacuated due to fire on roof 15 min ago
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating 28 min ago
- Girl's mom applauds suspension of kissing 6-year-old
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Von Trapps' Vt. lodge taps interest in new musical
- David Tillman's Thursday weather forecast
11 min ago