LifeFlight helicopter with accident victim grounded
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- We are learning more about a disabled LifeFlight helicopter that shut down the northbound lanes of the Southwest Freeway last night.It happened near FM1092 in Stafford around 9:30pm. Authorities say the helicopter was trying to rush a car accident victim with a severed hand to the hospital. Just before takeoff, the pilot noticed something was wrong and decided not to fly.
The freeway was shut down so that crews could load the helicopter on to a truck and move it out of the way.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 14 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 15 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 37 min ago
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin 2 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale