Suspect in murder-for-hire plot due in court today
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man accused of shooting at a prominent attorney's wife will face a judge today.Prosecutors believe a complicated murder-for-hire plot led to three attempts on Yvonne Stern's life. Her husband's alleged mistress, Michele Gaiser, is believed to be responsible.
Nhut Nguyen, 37, is expected in court today. Nguyen is charged with assault for an April 15 shooting at Stern's Bellaire home. That shooter missed. In May, Stern was shot but survived.
Gaiser and two other alleged hitmen - Richard Gutierrez and James Lowery - are all facing charges of solicitation of capital murder.
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 35 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 51 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 49 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to... 54 min ago
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged