Suspect in murder-for-hire plot due in court today
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man accused of shooting at a prominent attorney's wife will face a judge today.Prosecutors believe a complicated murder-for-hire plot led to three attempts on Yvonne Stern's life. Her husband's alleged mistress, Michele Gaiser, is believed to be responsible.
Nhut Nguyen, 37, is expected in court today. Nguyen is charged with assault for an April 15 shooting at Stern's Bellaire home. That shooter missed. In May, Stern was shot but survived.
Gaiser and two other alleged hitmen - Richard Gutierrez and James Lowery - are all facing charges of solicitation of capital murder.
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 48 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 3 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child 45 min ago
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game 27 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos