Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people are dead after an apparent murder-suicide in north Houston. Police say the female victim's estranged husband met her in a parking lot, shot her and then turned the gun on himself.This husband and wife were apparently in the midst of a bitter separation when things turned deadly. Around 6:30pm Tuesday, police got a call about a shooting in the parking lot of an apartment complex on Adele near Tyler.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing a man, later identified as William Lee Roe, Jr., walk up to a car and open fire on his wife, who was sitting inside the car. The wife died at the scene. She was identified as 40-year-old Gloria Gonzales.
"He was trying to get her back and he had made threats recently to other family members and to her that if she didn't return, he was planning on killing her and himself, and that is what he did," said Sgt. Robert Torres with the Houston Police Department.
The couple's 17-year-old daughter was inside the car, as well, and witnessed her mother's murder.
"There were two other occupants of the car, the 17-year-old daughter of the deceased and her 5-month-old," said Sgt. Torres. "Neither of them was injured during the shooting."
Roe, 40, then shot himself once in the head. He was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The couple was married more than 20 years and had three kids.
local, sonia azad
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well 27 min ago
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 11 min ago
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms 13 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal