Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people are dead after an apparent murder-suicide in north Houston. Police say the female victim's estranged husband met her in a parking lot, shot her and then turned the gun on himself.This husband and wife were apparently in the midst of a bitter separation when things turned deadly. Around 6:30pm Tuesday, police got a call about a shooting in the parking lot of an apartment complex on Adele near Tyler.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing a man, later identified as William Lee Roe, Jr., walk up to a car and open fire on his wife, who was sitting inside the car. The wife died at the scene. She was identified as 40-year-old Gloria Gonzales.
"He was trying to get her back and he had made threats recently to other family members and to her that if she didn't return, he was planning on killing her and himself, and that is what he did," said Sgt. Robert Torres with the Houston Police Department.
The couple's 17-year-old daughter was inside the car, as well, and witnessed her mother's murder.
"There were two other occupants of the car, the 17-year-old daughter of the deceased and her 5-month-old," said Sgt. Torres. "Neither of them was injured during the shooting."
Roe, 40, then shot himself once in the head. He was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The couple was married more than 20 years and had three kids.
local, sonia azad
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded 36 min ago
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop 43 min ago
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Magnitude-6.2 quake hits Chile's northern coast 41 min ago
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV