New location being considered for Sugar Land stadium
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- A new location is now being considered for a minor league baseball stadium in Sugar Land.The city council there on Tuesday night decided a piece of land near Texas Highway 6 and US 90 would be a good location for the stadium. That's near the Sugar Land Regional Airport.
The city entered into an agreement with Opening Day Partners last month to bring a professional minor league team to Sugar Land. Another location off U.S. 59 near University Boulevard is also being considered.
A final decision on the site could come by the end of the summer.
sugar land, local
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 4 min ago
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- 2013 brought surprises, good and bad, to viewers 3 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known