Dickinson woman found dead in Houston
DICKINSON, TX (KTRK) -- The search for a missing woman ended with a tragic mystery.Ethel McFarland, 75, vanished from her home in the 2600 block of Avenue H in Dickinson, where she lived with her adult son who is mentally handicapped. McFarland was last seen Monday afternoon.
A search was underway for the senior citizen after family members came to the home to check on McFarland and discovered she was missing. McFarland's vehicle, purse and cell phone were located at the home. The adult son was unable to tell officers where McFarland may be located.
On Wednesday afternoon, Houston police had been called to investigate the death of a woman found in the 3300 block of Jefferson. The woman was found dead in the backyard of a vacant home, barefoot and wearing a nightshirt. Officials used fingerprints to identify the victim in that case as McFarland.
The preliminary results of an autopsy conducted by the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office do not indicate any foul play. An investigation into how McFarland ended up in Houston is continuing.
Anyone with information about this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600.
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 32 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 39 min ago
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 35 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos