Local woman accused of plotting witness death
HOUSTON -- A Houston woman has been charged with capital murder over the death of a man who was expected to testify that one of her relatives tried to rob him.Sonya Amador was jailed Tuesday without bond. Harris County Jail electronic jail records did not list an attorney for the 24-year-old woman, who was booked Monday.
Police say Amador was charged in connection with the June 30 shooting death of 22-year-old Milton Flores.
Investigators say Flores was expected to testify against the woman's 21-year-old brother over a June 6 aggravated robbery case involving a vehicle. The charge was dropped July 2.
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 6 min ago
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard 14 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir 7 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip club
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today 51 min ago
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies 21 min ago
- Behold, the pizza cake 19 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 23 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident