Local woman accused of plotting witness death
HOUSTON -- A Houston woman has been charged with capital murder over the death of a man who was expected to testify that one of her relatives tried to rob him.Sonya Amador was jailed Tuesday without bond. Harris County Jail electronic jail records did not list an attorney for the 24-year-old woman, who was booked Monday.
Police say Amador was charged in connection with the June 30 shooting death of 22-year-old Milton Flores.
Investigators say Flores was expected to testify against the woman's 21-year-old brother over a June 6 aggravated robbery case involving a vehicle. The charge was dropped July 2.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 34 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 55 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends! 38 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared