Suspect in murder-for-hire plot pleads guilty in another case
Thursday, July 08, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update on the murder-for-hire plot of a Bellaire socialite. One of the men charged in the case pleaded guilty on a charge in another case.James Lowery was on probation for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon at the time of the solicitation of capital murder charge in the murder-for-hire plot. He pleaded guilty to the aggravated assault charge Thursday and was sentenced to 15 years. Prosecutors say Michelle Gaiser was having an affair with the husband of socialite Yvonne Stern and masterminded the murder-for-hire plot. Yvonne Stern was shot, but survived and is recovering. Gaiser, Lowery and two other alleged hitmen are all facing charges surrounding the murder-for-hire plot.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 10 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 16 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Video: Treating asthma by burning the lungs 20 min ago
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive?
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- House approves budget bill; now goes to Senate
- Houston emergency rooms filling up
24 min ago
- Treating asthma by burning the lungs
20 min ago