Suspect in murder-for-hire plot pleads guilty in another case
Thursday, July 08, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update on the murder-for-hire plot of a Bellaire socialite. One of the men charged in the case pleaded guilty on a charge in another case.James Lowery was on probation for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon at the time of the solicitation of capital murder charge in the murder-for-hire plot. He pleaded guilty to the aggravated assault charge Thursday and was sentenced to 15 years. Prosecutors say Michelle Gaiser was having an affair with the husband of socialite Yvonne Stern and masterminded the murder-for-hire plot. Yvonne Stern was shot, but survived and is recovering. Gaiser, Lowery and two other alleged hitmen are all facing charges surrounding the murder-for-hire plot.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- 1 child dead, 1 missing in Minn. park landslide
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone