Coast Guard frees tanker stuck in Houston Ship Channel
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A tanker that ran aground at the intersection of the Houston Ship Channel and the Intracoastal Waterway isn't stuck any more.Earlier this morning, the Coast Guard told us that they got the tanker, known as the Isabel Knutsen, free around 10pm last night. Tugboats were used to pull the tanker away.
The operation did not cause traffic problems for other ships in the channel. Coast Guard officials say the ship did not leak any cargo or oil while it was stuck.
galveston, houston ship channel, local
- Tornado Watch in effect across SE Texas 12 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?