Coast Guard frees tanker stuck in Houston Ship Channel
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A tanker that ran aground at the intersection of the Houston Ship Channel and the Intracoastal Waterway isn't stuck any more.Earlier this morning, the Coast Guard told us that they got the tanker, known as the Isabel Knutsen, free around 10pm last night. Tugboats were used to pull the tanker away.
The operation did not cause traffic problems for other ships in the channel. Coast Guard officials say the ship did not leak any cargo or oil while it was stuck.
galveston, houston ship channel, local
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home