Dayton soldier killed in Afghanistan being laid to rest
Friday, July 16, 2010
DAYTON, TX (KTRK) -- Family and friends are saying goodbye to a soldier from Liberty County, who died in Afghanistan.Staff Sergeant Jesse Ainsworth, 24, of Dayton died last Saturday after being hurt by an improvised explosive device, or IED. Visitation will be held tonight from 5pm to 9pm at Pace Stancil Funeral home in Dayton. The Memorial Service will be tomorrow at 10am at the Dayton Community Center.
Ainsworth will be buried at Houston Veterans Cemetery with full military honors.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling 7 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Live: Pres. Obama makes statement on situation in... 5 min ago
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston 36 min ago
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health 4 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts