Free parking becoming scarce in Galveston
Friday, July 16, 2010
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Soon, downtown Galveston will have very few free parking spots available.Yesterday, the city started issuing courtesy notices, announcing that parking meters are returning. It will cost $1.25 to park for one hour from 9am until 6pm Monday through Saturday. It's free on Sunday. Galveston officials are hoping to have new parking meters installed in the downtown area by the end of the month.
Nine hundred and fifteen parking meters were destroyed during Hurricane Ike.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail