Young child swept away by current near Freeport
FREEPORT, TX (KTRK) -- A small boy drowned in the Gulf of Mexico after he fell into the water while trying to wash his hands.Brazoria County authorities say the toddler's family was picnicking on the Freeport side of the San Luis Pass when the accident happened. The toddler wanted some chips, so his mother told him to wash his hands in the ocean. The boy was swept away by the current.
The Coast Guard recovered his body an hour later. Authorities tell parents never to take their eyes off children near the water.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home