Officer hospitalized after accidentally shooting himself
ROSENBERG, TX (KTRK) -- An emergency helicopter rushed a Stafford officer to the hospital after he shot himself in the leg last night.The accident happened at the Rosenberg shooting range. Investigators say the officer was practicing when he accidently fired off his weapon. A bullet hit the officer in the leg.
We're told the helicopter took the officer to Memorial Hermann Hospital to treat the gunshot wound. Investigators think it was an accident.
rosenberg, stafford, local
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston 30 min ago
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas 54 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role 14 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife 58 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus 46 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Students prep for national robotics...
50 min ago