Officer hospitalized after accidentally shooting himself
ROSENBERG, TX (KTRK) -- An emergency helicopter rushed a Stafford officer to the hospital after he shot himself in the leg last night.The accident happened at the Rosenberg shooting range. Investigators say the officer was practicing when he accidently fired off his weapon. A bullet hit the officer in the leg.
We're told the helicopter took the officer to Memorial Hermann Hospital to treat the gunshot wound. Investigators think it was an accident.
rosenberg, stafford, local
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos