All clear given after chemical release in La Porte
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
LA PORTE, TX (KTRK) -- A chemical release at a plant in La Porte caused a brief shelter in place on Tuesday morning.A phosgene leak was detected at PPG Industries on South 16th and Fairmont Parkway around 10am this morning. A shelter in place was issued as a precaution. The source of the leak was found and secured. The all clear was given half an hour later after air monitoring showed the chemical didn't leave the site. Phosgene is used to make plastics and pesticides.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond