Man shot, killed in his front yard in Missouri City
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Investigators are searching for the person who shot and killed a man in Missouri City.The shooting happened just before 9pm Wednesday. When police arrived at the home on Derby and Mountshire, they found a man lying in his front lawn. Investigator say the man died before they could get him to the hospital.
Police say the shooting was prompted by an earlier incident at a Houston bar or restaurant.
"The suspects followed the victim home where they confronted him in the front yard and shot him," said Capt. John Baley with the Missouri City Police Department.
Investigators say several people witnessed the suspects running from the scene. Police believe they are searching for two men in their 20s.
missouri city, local
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot in Bellaire-area parking lot 40 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush 37 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
53 min ago