Case reset for firefighter accused of theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston firefighter accused of shoplifting made a brief appearance at the Harris County courthouse Tuesday morning.Jane Draycott is facing misdemeanor theft charges for allegedly stealing a DVD player, two movies and ice from a Wal-Mart in Spring last week. Her attorney says she was distraught, after learning the man accused of killing her daughter in a car crash four years ago might not go to prison.
Nothing happened in court, as Draycott's case was reset for a future date.
This case is getting attention because Draycott is one of two female firefighters involved in last year's harassment scandal at HFD Station 54.
houston fire department, wal-mart, spring, local
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 48 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far? 58 min ago
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 31 min ago
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom 4 min ago
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life 14 min ago
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved