Case reset for firefighter accused of theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston firefighter accused of shoplifting made a brief appearance at the Harris County courthouse Tuesday morning.Jane Draycott is facing misdemeanor theft charges for allegedly stealing a DVD player, two movies and ice from a Wal-Mart in Spring last week. Her attorney says she was distraught, after learning the man accused of killing her daughter in a car crash four years ago might not go to prison.
Nothing happened in court, as Draycott's case was reset for a future date.
This case is getting attention because Draycott is one of two female firefighters involved in last year's harassment scandal at HFD Station 54.
houston fire department, wal-mart, spring, local
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom