Case reset for firefighter accused of theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston firefighter accused of shoplifting made a brief appearance at the Harris County courthouse Tuesday morning.Jane Draycott is facing misdemeanor theft charges for allegedly stealing a DVD player, two movies and ice from a Wal-Mart in Spring last week. Her attorney says she was distraught, after learning the man accused of killing her daughter in a car crash four years ago might not go to prison.
Nothing happened in court, as Draycott's case was reset for a future date.
This case is getting attention because Draycott is one of two female firefighters involved in last year's harassment scandal at HFD Station 54.
houston fire department, wal-mart, spring, local
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 59 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop 57 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 39 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Gov. Perry to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
42 min ago