Case reset for firefighter accused of theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston firefighter accused of shoplifting made a brief appearance at the Harris County courthouse Tuesday morning.Jane Draycott is facing misdemeanor theft charges for allegedly stealing a DVD player, two movies and ice from a Wal-Mart in Spring last week. Her attorney says she was distraught, after learning the man accused of killing her daughter in a car crash four years ago might not go to prison.
Nothing happened in court, as Draycott's case was reset for a future date.
This case is getting attention because Draycott is one of two female firefighters involved in last year's harassment scandal at HFD Station 54.
houston fire department, wal-mart, spring, local
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 5 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday! 38 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys foil carjacking in San Antonio 3 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain 39 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 30 min ago
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
58 min ago