Small fire set near school playground in Clear Lake
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A small fire was set near Whitcomb Elementary School playground in Clear Lake.Clear Creek ISD said a pile of wood chips that make up the grounds of the playground were set on fire. It didn't take long for firefighters to put out the flames.
There was no major damage to the equipment. There was some very minor burning, but not enough to have to replace or repair anything. The playground is safe and will be ready for students on Monday, for the first day of the CCISD school year.
Police are still looking for the person responsible for the fire.
clear lake, local
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston
- Botox now big with 20-somethings
- What kinds of luxury cars can you buy in Houston?
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos