Small fire set near school playground in Clear Lake
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A small fire was set near Whitcomb Elementary School playground in Clear Lake.Clear Creek ISD said a pile of wood chips that make up the grounds of the playground were set on fire. It didn't take long for firefighters to put out the flames.
There was no major damage to the equipment. There was some very minor burning, but not enough to have to replace or repair anything. The playground is safe and will be ready for students on Monday, for the first day of the CCISD school year.
Police are still looking for the person responsible for the fire.
clear lake, local
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston 9 min ago
- Firefighters save dog from house fire in Conroe 26 min ago
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze 16 min ago
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats 47 min ago
- Dog shoplifts and buries treats
47 min ago
- Driverless car mystery solved
47 min ago