So-called serial murder suspect on trial
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- A man police have called a serial killer is on trial in Fort Bend County. He's charged in the 1990 murder of a Missouri City woman.Twenty years after the murder of Missouri City resident Kim Wildman, her accused murderer is now on trial.
Edward McGregor is accused of sexually assaulting and killing Wildman. She was found nude in the kitchen of her Missouri City home, dead from a stab wound. McGregor's DNA was found at the scene.
Wildman called 911 after being attacked, telling authorities to hurry because she was dying. That call will be played at trial.
Defense attorneys point out that Wildman says on that call that she didn't know he person who attacked her. They say McGregor is not her killer, that the two had only been having an affair.
Though being tried right now for the single murder of Kim Wildman, McGregor is a suspect in three other murders in Harris County. He's only charged in one of the cases.
The victims were found similarly posed in the bathtubs of their southwest Houston apartments. Police have called McGregor a serial murderer.
McGregor has pleaded not guilty in this murder. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty, because McGregor was 17 years old at the time of the crime.
missouri city, richmond, local, kevin quinn
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar 5 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 52 min ago
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- Video: Beer is for more than just drinking! 8 min ago
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- Steelers' coach slapped with six-figure fine
- Casey Curry's midday weather forecast
55 min ago