So-called serial murder suspect on trial
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- A man police have called a serial killer is on trial in Fort Bend County. He's charged in the 1990 murder of a Missouri City woman.Twenty years after the murder of Missouri City resident Kim Wildman, her accused murderer is now on trial.
Edward McGregor is accused of sexually assaulting and killing Wildman. She was found nude in the kitchen of her Missouri City home, dead from a stab wound. McGregor's DNA was found at the scene.
Wildman called 911 after being attacked, telling authorities to hurry because she was dying. That call will be played at trial.
Defense attorneys point out that Wildman says on that call that she didn't know he person who attacked her. They say McGregor is not her killer, that the two had only been having an affair.
Though being tried right now for the single murder of Kim Wildman, McGregor is a suspect in three other murders in Harris County. He's only charged in one of the cases.
The victims were found similarly posed in the bathtubs of their southwest Houston apartments. Police have called McGregor a serial murderer.
McGregor has pleaded not guilty in this murder. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty, because McGregor was 17 years old at the time of the crime.
missouri city, richmond, local, kevin quinn
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident 59 min ago
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out 50 min ago
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged 38 min ago
- Toddler uses Facetime to get help for mom 20 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Ukraine PM: Won't give up 'single centimeter' 31 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust