Wal-Mart launches campaign to fight opposition of new location
Friday, August 20, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Wal-Mart has launched a PR campaign to fight the opposition to its plans on building in The Heights.The store is set to be built on the corner of Yale and Koehler. Many in the neighborhood are opposed to the store for various reasons and have organized a strong anti-Wal-Mart campaign. Wal-Mart's response includes a new website touting the good the Wal-Mart will bring to the area and flyers encouraging residents to support the project.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'