Fight continues to stop Wal-Mart store in Heights
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's round two tonight between angry Heights neighbors and Wal-Mart.Hundreds of residents who live near the proposed store on Yale and I-10 are ready to meet with officials again tonight.
Last week's meeting with developers and Houston Mayor Annise Parker got testy when some residents even suggested the city adopt zoning everywhere in order to stop Wal-Mart from moving in.
They are most concerned about traffic and drainage along Koehler Street if the new Wal-Mart is built. Wal-Mart says it will bring jobs and lower prices to the area even if you don't shop there.
Tonight's meeting starts at 6:30pm. It's at the High School for Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice on Dickson.
heights, wal-mart, local
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle