Continental Airlines recalling furloughed pilots
Friday, September 03, 2010
HOUSTON -- A pilots' union says Continental Airlines Inc. is recalling 132 pilots who were furloughed back in 2008.The union said Friday that Continental needs more pilots because of increased flying and the expected delivery of new planes. The pilots are expected to start retraining in the last three months of the year. Earlier this year, Continental recalled 15 of the 147 pilots it furloughed in September 2008.
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
continental airlines, local
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption' 49 min ago
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 27 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013 3 min ago
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video 33 min ago
- Suspected molester to cops: 'I need help'
- 'Pastor' indicted in real estate investment scam
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized hairball 41 min ago
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer 57 min ago
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen 59 min ago
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
1 min ago