Houston's new fire chief officially named
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston officially has a new fire chief.Earlier this morning, the Houston City Council approved Terry Garrison as the new fire chief for the City of Houston. Garrison was accompanied by his wife Annette, as well as the entire command staff of the fire department. The new fire chief spent the majority of his career rising through the ranks of the Phoenix Fire Department.
Chief Garrison says while he is pleased with the way the fire department fights fires, he would like to improve safety procedures. The fire chief says he also plans on improving the recruitment of women, as well as relationships with the community.
houston fire department, local, miya shay
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston 3 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 26 min ago
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker truck 11 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her 6 min ago
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing 4 min ago
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd