Sister of victim testifies in toddler rape case
Thursday, September 16, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It was another day of emotional testimony in the trial of Lucas Coe, who is accused of sexually and physically abusing his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter, Emma Thompson, who later died.
On Thursday, the jury watched videotaped testimony from Thompson's 11-year-old sister. She says on the day Emma died, she heard a loud bang from the kitchen. The sister saw Coe with Emma who was bleeding from her head. Emma went to take a nap, but was later found unresponsive by their mother. The mother, Abigail Young, is serving a 20-year sentence for failing to protect her daughter. She is not expected to testify in this trial.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 13 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 8 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon