Trial of man accused of abusing toddler wrapping up
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Both sides have rested in the Lucas Coe child sex abuse trial. That's after the defense presented its witnesses Monday.Coe stands accused of beating and sexually assaulting four-year-old Emma Thompson last year. She died of multiple injuries.
On Monday morning, the defense called a crime scene expert who criticized the collection of evidence. A nurse also testified that she happened to drive by and saw Thompson with her mother and performed CPR, but could not feel a pulse.
The jury will hear closing arguments Tuesday morning.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 4 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today