Trial of man accused of abusing toddler wrapping up
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Both sides have rested in the Lucas Coe child sex abuse trial. That's after the defense presented its witnesses Monday.Coe stands accused of beating and sexually assaulting four-year-old Emma Thompson last year. She died of multiple injuries.
On Monday morning, the defense called a crime scene expert who criticized the collection of evidence. A nurse also testified that she happened to drive by and saw Thompson with her mother and performed CPR, but could not feel a pulse.
The jury will hear closing arguments Tuesday morning.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 50 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school 40 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations 55 min ago
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston