Twelve Houstonians make Forbes' richest list
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Twelve Houstonians made the cut on the Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans.Four of them are the children of late oil tycoon Dan Duncan, who died in March. The children - Randa Williams, Dannine Avara, Milane Frantz and Scott Duncan - are worth $3.1 billion each, which ties them for 101st place overall.
Last year, Duncan was number 30 on the list with a net worth of $8 billion.
The top ranking Houstonian this year is Richard Kinder at number 51 with $5.2 billion. Houston Texans owner Bob McNair comes in at number 290 with $1.4 billion and Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams is number 356 with $1.15 billion.Other Bayou City residents include John Arnold at number 95 with $3.3 billion; Jeffrey Hildebrand is ranked number 205 with $1.9 billion; and Joe Jamail and Thomas Friedkin are tied at number 269 with $1.5 billion. George Mitchell of The Woodlands has a net worth of $2 billion which puts him at number 182 on the list.
You can see the full Forbes 400 list here.
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos