Twelve Houstonians make Forbes' richest list
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Twelve Houstonians made the cut on the Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans.Four of them are the children of late oil tycoon Dan Duncan, who died in March. The children - Randa Williams, Dannine Avara, Milane Frantz and Scott Duncan - are worth $3.1 billion each, which ties them for 101st place overall.
Last year, Duncan was number 30 on the list with a net worth of $8 billion.
The top ranking Houstonian this year is Richard Kinder at number 51 with $5.2 billion. Houston Texans owner Bob McNair comes in at number 290 with $1.4 billion and Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams is number 356 with $1.15 billion.Other Bayou City residents include John Arnold at number 95 with $3.3 billion; Jeffrey Hildebrand is ranked number 205 with $1.9 billion; and Joe Jamail and Thomas Friedkin are tied at number 269 with $1.5 billion. George Mitchell of The Woodlands has a net worth of $2 billion which puts him at number 182 on the list.
You can see the full Forbes 400 list here.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 32 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 35 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County 57 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack