Twelve Houstonians make Forbes' richest list
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Twelve Houstonians made the cut on the Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans.Four of them are the children of late oil tycoon Dan Duncan, who died in March. The children - Randa Williams, Dannine Avara, Milane Frantz and Scott Duncan - are worth $3.1 billion each, which ties them for 101st place overall.
Last year, Duncan was number 30 on the list with a net worth of $8 billion.
The top ranking Houstonian this year is Richard Kinder at number 51 with $5.2 billion. Houston Texans owner Bob McNair comes in at number 290 with $1.4 billion and Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams is number 356 with $1.15 billion.Other Bayou City residents include John Arnold at number 95 with $3.3 billion; Jeffrey Hildebrand is ranked number 205 with $1.9 billion; and Joe Jamail and Thomas Friedkin are tied at number 269 with $1.5 billion. George Mitchell of The Woodlands has a net worth of $2 billion which puts him at number 182 on the list.
You can see the full Forbes 400 list here.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Police use spikes to end chase in southwest Houston 20 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 14 min ago
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes
- Car fire breaks out at high-rise parking lot 38 min ago