Pregnant Missouri City woman fatally stabbed
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A family is distraught over the stabbing death of a mother-to-be. The victim was eight months pregnant and now, investigators are working to piece together her final moments.Police in Missouri City say the woman was attacked at a home on Palm Desert near Continental early Sunday morning. Neighbors on the quiet Missouri City street were awakened early by screams
"I heard someone hysterically, yelling," said neighbor Cindy Smith.
Then came emergency crews and police.
"They were combing the entire area and knocking on everyones' doors to see if anyone heard anything or saw anything," said Smith.
Leiah Jackson, 27, had stumbled from her home at the back of a four-plex to her mother's front door in the front. She was bleeding from almost two dozen stab wounds, a relative says.
Leiah was eight months pregnant. Neither mother nor unborn son survived.
"She didn't deserve this. She's never hurt a flea," said Leiah's cousin, Tommy Jackson. "She's never done anything to hurt anyone and anytime you saw her she had a smile on her face."
Jackson's family showed us inside her home where fingerprint dust was still fresh. A closet was out of sorts and on a plastic bin, there was blood.
She lived there with her boyfriend. Missouri City police believe the stabbing may have been the result of a domestic dispute, but to complicate matters, less than 12 hours later, the body of a 20-year-old man was discovered in the 6300 block of West Airport. He was shot to death and investigators are looking into whether the two deaths are connected.
Jackson's family is suspicious. No one has seen or heard from Jackson's boyfriend since her death and his car hasn't moved. For now, though, they're grieving for a mother and the child they never knew.
"She lived a life full of life. How can I say it? She was working on a master's degree, looking forward to having a baby," said Jackson. "Whatever evil came upon us, it was total evilness."
Jackson worked as a clinic aide at Jones Elementary School. Fort Bend ISD officials tell us counselors will be at the campus today to help students and staff cope with the loss.
Both Houston police and Missouri City police are investigating the murders. Houston police say they have a person of interest in custody, but no charges have been filed.
missouri city, local
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Student caught with gun on campus 7 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured...
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 11 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again! 39 min ago
- Bush's ride for wounded veterans scheduled for May 52 min ago
- Facebook rolls out location-sharing feature 35 min ago