Shelter-in-place lifted for Santa Fe ISD students
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- Students in the Santa Fe ISD were released late from school Wednesday afternoon after a shelter-in-place was lifted due to a ruptured gas line.The rupture happened on Warpath. The shelter-in-place had been issued for people in all buildings along that road. Affected Santa Fe schools included Dan Kubacak Elementary, Cowan Elementary, Barnett Intermediate and Santa Fe Junior High.
The district says that the gas leak was repaired shortly before 4pm, according to CenterPoint Energy. The company said the leak was caused by a third party contractor, who struck a 2-inch plastic line.According to the Santa Fe ISD web site, "5th-8th Grade students en route home on buses. Car riders are currently being dismissed. 2nd-4th grade bus riders will be loading and on their way home shortly."
santa fe, local
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 27 min ago
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women 19 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- SpaceX launches supplies to space station 41 min ago
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out 58 min ago
- University overstated fiscal health by some $23M
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio