Man arrested for stealing ambulance from hospital
Thursday, September 30, 2010
CLEAR LAKE, TX (KTRK) -- A man has been arrested for allegedly stealing an ambulance after he was kicked out of a Clear Lake hospital for drinking.Webster police say Jakson Leone was escorted out of the Clear Lake Regional Medical Center Tuesday night for consuming alcohol on the premises. Shortly thereafter, two ambulance drivers parked their vehicle and brought a patient inside, then went back outside to find the ambulance missing. The ambulance was disabled remotely and police later found it at the Seven Palms apartment complex using a GPS tracking device. After searching the area, police saw a suspicious male at the Shell gas station at Bay Area and Highway 3 who matched the ID of the suspect at the hospital. The man, who turned out to be Leone, said he walked over to the station from the apartment complex. Leone, 34, was taken into custody. He faces a felony charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Webster police did not say if anything was missing from the ambulance, although the police report listed one laptop computer, a defibrillator, a blood pressure machine and two cell phones on board the vehicle.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
clear lake, local
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail